It’s been a busy time recently in the world of Meaningful Use. I hope that you can join me at Centricity LIVE 2014, May 4-7, 2014 in Denver, to learn about the latest in Meaningful Use and related federal government programs. I’ll be presenting on what’s new for this health IT incentive program and there will also be many other terrific sessions on Meaningful Use and related initiatives, including healthcare reform and the ongoing shift to accountable and integrated care.
Some of the recent topics that I’ll be covering include:
- Recent progress on Stage 2 of the Meaningful Use program, including emerging concerns
- The recent proposed rule by the Office of the National Coordinator for Healthcare IT (ONC) on an “optional” 2015 edition of certified EHR technology and potential topics for the 2017 edition that will be associated with Stage 3 of Meaningful Use, including initial responses and formal comments
- The recently adopted proposal on Stage 3 by the Health It Policy Committee, which will be considered by ONC and CMS as they develop proposed rules for Stage 3/2017 certification, expected out later this year
- The general timetable for Stage 3, with final rules expected in 2015, and an initial start in 2017
- A recently announced additional EHR vendor certification-related “hardship exemption” for the penalties that start in 2015 for providers who have not achieved Meaningful Use
- The increasingly pressing issue of the relative roles of the market and government in driving innovation in healthcare IT, with a need seen by many for a more focused approach to the next stages of meaningful use and certification
So, join me . . . and a terrific group of customers, presenters, and GE team members at GE Healthcare’s premier IT education conference, offering thought leadership in action, best practice sharing, interactive demos, Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) and more. Enjoy the attractions of the beautiful Denver area, from mountains and museums to shopping, dining, and night life. Register today and bookmark the Centricity LIVE 2014 web page for updates on Conference content. I’ll see you in Denver!