It’s that time of year again, when it seems like everyone in healthcare IT comes together for a few days to catch up, learn about new trends, and share insights at HIMSS. This year, we’ll be in New Orleans starting March 3, and I thought I’d share the top five things I’m looking forward to the most about this year’s conference.
- Innovations: I tend to like to blog about innovations in healthcare IT, and so I am looking forward to experiencing these innovations live at HIMSS. Sessions on my wish list include Mobile and Wireless Technologies in the Hospital – Now and Soon , What Big Data Means for Care Delivery Transformation and Innovation – a Look at mHealth’s Moving Target. Obviously I’ll also take a walk around the show floor to check out new technologies and innovations for myself!
- SHIFT Event: With the market shifting towards accountable care, the conversation around revenue cycle management has become as critical as ever. GE Healthcare is a major sponsor of the Summit for Healthcare Information and Finance (SHIFT) one-day event, and it is sure to be extremely useful for those looking to discuss challenges and share solutions with others that share the same focus on profitability. I’ll be there, along with our Hospital Systems Solutions GM, Shiv Gopalkrishnan, who will be delivering a keynote at the event.
- Conversations: One of my favorite things about HIMSS is its power to convene. I can’t wait for the planned lunches and dinners with friends and colleagues new and old that are already on my calendar, along with what I’m sure will be countless interactions with others that are unplanned. In our world of email, twitter, telepresence, etc, it’s so refreshing to interact in the real world!
- Centricity Practice Solution 11 Demos: We launched the newest version of Centricity Practice Solution in January, and HIMSS will be our chance to share it more broadly with the healthcare IT community. I like seeing our customers’ reactions to the product firsthand, especially the new one-click problem entry and guarantor account summary features.
- Bill Clinton’s Keynote: Regardless of which side of the political fence you’re on, it’s clear that Bill Clinton has had a major impact on global healthcare. Plus, he’s a former president of the United States. Enough said.
I look forward to seeing you there – stop by the GE Healthcare booth 1341 to say hello!
For more information about Centricity Practice Solution click here.
For more information about selecting an EMR solution click here.
For more information about GE Healthcare click here.